The software makes the difference
The KePlast Software is a future-proof framework, based on an open and modern software architecture, fully customizable for any customer requirements. Alongside the essential features like User Management, Unit Switching, Alarm & Value Change History, Backup & Restore, and Help Framework there are many blow molding-specific functions and libraries, featured next with their main benefits.
- Intuitive onscreen editor for editing the machine sequence
- Flexible building blocks: Loops, conditions, subsequences,...
- Monitoring of movement status and times
KePlast SPC // Shot Quality Control
- All quality criteria under control
- Monitor critical process parameter
- Flexible selection of relevant parameter
- Configuration of warning limits & error reaction
- Export function for saving production data externally
Frequently asked questions
Which blow molding processes can be controled by KEBA?
With the flexible hardware and open software design, it is possible to automate all common blow molding types: extrusion blow molding, injection blow molding, injection stretch blow molding.
The plastic and blow molding specific software libraries embedded in a complete sample application framework allow a quick development and fast time-to-market.
Which features of the KePlast Parison Control can improve the blowmolding process of your machine?
With the parison profile from up to 400 points and accurate interpolation modes each section of the parison can be accurately controlled. There is support for multiple parallel parisons, where individual profiles can be used or existing profiles can be loaded.
The intuitive graphical interface allows an easy adjustment of the complex process.
With the right adjustment these features allow you to improve the parsion extrusion process:
- Weight - modifying the wall thickness of plastic products without changing the mold to achieve desired weight variations
- Thinning & Cost Reduction - by thinning some areas the material usage and production costs can be minimized
- Strengthening - Reinforce vulnerable sections such as the neck, bottom, or handle to enhance product durability.
- Shortened cycle time - thin specific portions to expedite cooling, shorten production cycles, and increase output for the extrusion blow molding machine.
How does a typical KEBA solution for full-electric extrusion blow molding machine looks like?
With the valuable expertise for automating blow molding machines, which we gained in the past years, we can now offer a complete solution consisting of panels, controllers, I/Os, drives, and motors.
Here we introduce a typical example for an electric blow molding machine:
For the panel, we recommend a 21", Full HD multi-touch HMI KeTop AP521, which is in trend among the plastics OEMs and the end-users. By having its own CPU inside and being easily customizable, the panel and HMI application can be adapted to the specific customer design. For eco machines, there are also small screen sizes available. Our mobile and wireless HMIs are especially useful as optional additional operation panels for larger blow molding machine systems.
When it comes to controllers, the KeControl portfolio offers the right control type for your machine - economic, standard, high-end and modular controls with or without integrated I/Os - and our universal choice would be KeControl C5.
We are also flexible with offering drives and would use the word #modularity as the keyword because the customers can combine different modules and axes to create the ideal combination. For example, if the machine requires 9 axes, the configuration can be realized by combining 3 triple-axis modules 3x KeDrive D3 D3-DA 330 This would be the most efficient & size effective solution.
Get in touch with us and let us find the right solution for you!